Thursday, February 2, 2017

What is happening today?



Hello! It’s Thursday!
Guess what that means!

You guessed right, today is for #ThrowbackThursday #AutismAwareness with Adelola.

Throwback to Saturday, January 28. I spoke at Mamalette autism workshop.


When a child is entering puberty, and changes are occurring in the body, parents often wonder what to do to help the child understand. Sometimes a child reacts negatively to a new environment because he/she was not expecting it, and parents wonder how they can prevent that next time.

I am not bringing a one-size-fits-all solution, neither am I offering an ALMIGHTY solution, but along with other interventions, social stories have been of great help in helping individuals on the autism spectrum.

Did you ask what social stories mean? You will have to wait till 8pm Nigerian time.
Join me on Twitter, follow @adelolaonautism.
Come and learn how social stories can help your child on the spectrum, or your student.
Is it just a story you tell, like “Ijapa’s” folk tales?
Come with me at 8pm, and let’s unravel this, as much as we can. I’m looking forward to seeing you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment